Discuss When a Plumber doesn't reply back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this common where a plumber will come out and then fail to send through a quote for work?

I have called a few plumbers and they have said they would call back to arrange a time but have not and two have come out and failed to get back to me with a quote.

Strange behaviour.

most people wont move existing boilers due to too many risks eg not working afterwards etc

It they were from the major boiler mfrs then they are specifically in the business of fitting new boilers and won't want to move old boilers.
(And if the boiler has "done it's duty" and your not on the bread line why not get new - energy efficiency etc etc)

Its more a case of - what happens if the boiler does not work properly when moved. Whose risk is it ?

He said a new boiler in a new location not move his existing boiler to a new location.

Sorry guys, but we all spend our own time trying to help people out of nothing but the goodness in our hearts.

When people persist down a negative road, unwilling to open their minds and hearts, it disrespects our efforts. I, for one, do not feel that is appropriate.
Was just busting your b**ls mate.

Is this common where a plumber will come out and then fail to send through a quote for work?

I have called a few plumbers and they have said they would call back to arrange a time but have not and two have come out and failed to get back to me with a quote.

Strange behaviour.
To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely sure why your getting negativity from this post, you haven't posted anything that would suggest your an awkward customer, in fact you've barely posted at all, I think some members are winding themselves up :rolleyes:, maybe they've had a stressful week so you'll have to forgive them.
As for your question, its perfectly normal behaviour, especially if your ringing through the day when we're at work, we'll take the call then get back to work and within 10 minutes completely forget that you even exist. It's nothing personal, we're just busy. As for the ones who's came out to quote, it's either again being too busy, they've maybe done your quote but just forgot to send it, or they're working through a backlog of quotes and will get to yours eventually. There could also be something in the job that put them off. Fitting a new boiler in a new location can sometimes be a real pain with re-routing pipes etc, and if a plumber is really busy, he's going to put the easier jobs first, just simply because he can.
It's been said before, but just give the guys another ring back and ask how they're getting on with your quote. If they haven't done it or seem reluctant, just ask if there's anything about the job that's putting them off and then take their advice about how to put it right.

So I am pretty much buggered then. If thats the case why didnt the installers just say that over the phone.

If moving a boiler is that troublesome then I may as well just leave it.
Moving modern boilers is a very problematic exercise. There are a multitude of electro mechanical units that can fail during a drain down move and re fit. The consequences for your fitter if you dont exonerate him from these consequences can run into £100s and even the financial write off of your beloved boiler, then there will be new flue and turret elbow eg.
and new seals.
I hope this explains more
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When a Plumber doesn't reply back in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back