Discuss What Advertising Method??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you show a sample of your leaflet mate? I get most of my work through leaflet drops in carefully targeted areas. Of course recomendations gives repeat business too.

Response to a leaflet drop will vary and depends on many factors, such as quality of the leaflet, product you are advertising and what area you are targeting. A response rate of 2% per thousand leaflets or 20 calls per thousand leaflets is a normal response. Doesn't sound a lot, but if you're advertising a bathroom or a wetroom and close the sale on 10 out of the 20 responses, it becomes more than worthwhile.
take note chrisgy our sys really knows his stuff :)

just for goodness sake dont mention the word that starts with 'f' and end in 'is' :)

Last edited:
TFG - most of us could do with more work but when you're new or really quiet you wonder where it's coming from. If you stick at it, work like crazy on doing a really good job, you'll get recommendations and these turn into more recommendations in time. For example, if replacing a wc inlet valve and want say £50, why not install an isolating valve as well if one isn't fitted and why not clean the wc too? Or, especially with the elderly, ask if there's something they'd like you to do, eg change a light bulb. Takes more time but the thoroughness will be recognised.

Another thing I do is be loyal to particular trades. For example, I've used the same skip man about four times, same builder, etc and you get recommendations from these people too (it's not just customers).

I stuffed business cards through doors and four years on I still get the odd call. Also cards in village shops and local businesses (if they allow it).

Keep going, be patient, watch your money and you should succeed. Is there a village near you without a plumber? I've done cards in two villages and it really helped get me going.

Dontkknowitall - Doing that little bit extra for the customer I am a firm believer in that, we took out a cast iron bath and replaced with a shower and wall caldding etc. Anyway We got sent a duff enclosure! Radius of the glass was not the same as the radius of the crome frame!! so i had to re order an enclosure, set the job back two days!
really felt for the customer so we layed their new bathroom flooring(the clip together tile effect stuff) that they had ordered, as a freebie.

I set up nearly 5 years ago, started to set up a web page jah-heating.co.uk and never ever updated - just left it under construction.

All my work has been of people who have passed my name on, and I do work with for a few landlords and jibbed estate agents off/builders off because they always gave you the run around etc with payment

Think I'm going to update the sight though, just because everyone has one nowadays and it looks a bit more proffesional

Had a kid by ours deliver leaflets for me. Paid him £20, got 2 heating jobs off them !!

Mybuilder is a good way of advertising your name

Hi,

Just a general question really.

What Advertising Method do you think is the best and worst.

Everybody raves about online advertising, google adwords etc but I have always found it to be V. Expensive without bringing many customers.

Yellow pages used to bring in lots of business but only just about covers the ad cost now.

Local papers = absolute crap!

Don't know what else to try! Radio?

What do you find works best???

normally by stating what area you cover helps?

Had some guy leaflet dropping on my patch last week advertising "affordable plumbing and gas work " service from £25 pound.!!!! Lady next door bought it round to show me. As i insalled new system for her last year and im due to go back to service. I explained i carnt and wont service for that as just carnt do a proper service for that. Analyser costs etc.
Any way back to post. The quality of this leaflet is rubbish. Its a4 pper, id say hes printed ad twice on paper and cut in half and posted. Its not even straight where he has cut it in half. If your leaflet dropping then at least produce a good leaflet. This one just looks cheap. Ive never leaflet dropped. Local free paper has always worked well for me. I have used yell . com which i find ok , but not the book. And Thompsons local has been good for me. Never had a sign-written van either. Word of mouth jobs are most satisfying knowing youve been recommended.

never really advertised much ,
had spells in the local rag which i found expensive so never stayed in it long ,tried few local free mags which again were not that good,,,biz cards in windows of shops usually and friends passing my number on is best way i find .
Do work for main contractors and if i'm honest looking to eb that away as is an absolute pain

And ive not delved into a website either.

You really should get a website royston.
Doing it sooner than later will help a lot, age of domain and website matters in ranking your site.
You can get yourself above the organic websites by using Google places, its free and you don't even need a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What Advertising Method??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We've always had Google advertisements, since the day we began. Though now we've switched domain names from .co.uk to .net, we had to reapply as a...
Replies
Views
    • Love
Use PlumbersForums.net to Advertise Your Plumbing-related Company Pretty much all of our services on the forum are free of charge to most...
Replies
Views
It seems really clear to me not to pay such a company but I thought I'd make it clear in a post. Let's not name names because of solicitors...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to show ads on a usergroup basis. So unregistered see most, registered less, arms even less, staff nearly none, subscribed none at all...
Replies
Views
Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock