Discuss What a great start to the weekend !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

goz666

Gas Engineer
The other week I was asked by a pal who had bought a house at auction if i would put new heating, water, bathroom in etc. Him and his brothers ripped down every ceiling, moved a few walls etc....anyway the place is a shell so beginning of last week I went down and ran in new 22mm heating mains and new pipework to each rad, also ran a new gas main from the meter, to the fireplace and into the kitchen. At the time I noticed how all the electrics had been removed etc........SO, I took the easy option on every route. Used all the pre-notched joist runs, ran my gas pipe up the wall inside and under the stairs.

I went back today to do a quick pressure test on the heating, the electrician was there...:clap: Ohhhh he was upset, he asked who had put all the pipes in so I told him they'd done them themselves and I was only there to do a pressure test. He began ranting and raving, effing and jeffing, saying they've took the pi55 taking all the easy routes up and not leaving any room for cables, it's made my job ten times harder now. :ciappa::ciappa::ciappa:. I could hardly contain the laughter, my mate had to go out cos this guy was spitting venom. just before I left I asked him who had nailed the lengths of cable right next to the gas pipe, he said 'me' I said too close that pal, its in the gas regs. He said well they can move the ******* gas pipe then........and with that we left and headed home. :clap::clap::clap: Hope everyone has a good weekend !!!!

Awesome work mate love winding up other trades. Particularly if they're spitting feathers

They moan like hell, Whats easier, putting in copper ( not bendy ) or putting in wires ( bendy ) , its a bit obvious init.

typical sparks always the easy route and the mess they leave and never clean up after them selfes

If you ran all the pipes through notches what's he moaning at? I thought cables had to be ran through the middle of the joist?

I must admit most the Sparks I've worked with have been good as gold and understand that a copper pipe is harder to run than a cable.

The last sparky I worked with wanted to remove and re run some of his cables to make my life easier. I told him not to bother as it would only save me 20 minutes and take him an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What a great start to the weekend !!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hi need some advice on this odd story, I had a Bosch boiler installed just over 2 years ago by Governments home energy scheme. The company passed...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have had an extension built which will have 3 radiators to the big main room, a utility sink and a shower room (ground works, waste...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Just looking for a bit of advice really. last week we had our carbon monoxide alarm go off upstairs. We have 2 alarms in the house...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock