Search the forum,

Discuss Wet shaving in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Saw the James Bond Skyfall movie this weekend and there was a steamy scene where he was being wet shaved with a soap and brush with straight razor by the sultry Naomie Harris.

Just wondering how many of you on here wet shave, and with what.

I have just followed on from dad using soap, brush and double edge safety razor since I was about 15. I tried canned foam when in late teens briefly but it brought me out in a rash, but I never used cartridge razors ever as I consider them a rip off.

Never used a straight razor. Would be scared of cutting myself when hung over!

Anyone of you use a straight razor? Is it difficult to master?

Gillette Gel (sensitive) and razor. Could never get away with an electric razor and don't fancy trying a cut throat :)

I very rarley shave last one was in Sep when I got married and before that was my birthday in April

i normally wet shave with a gillette razor not using the cut throat type(or my axe LOL) I use any old shaving foam even use soasp if wifeys not bought any growing it at the moment though for movember

Being a Yorkshireman, safety razors are appealing as you can buy 100 blades for under a tenner, and as each blade has 2 edges that's 5 pence an edge. If you use a cheap shaving soap stick it works out at about 2p a shave assuming you use each blade 5 times.

Would rather change them frequently than push an expensive cartridge day after day long after its past its prime due to the cost of replacing them.

use 3 blade wilkinson disposable and any old shaving cream /gel . wouldnt dare use a cut throat.

Being a Yorkshireman, safety razors are appealing as you can buy 100 blades for under a tenner, and as each blade has 2 edges that's 5 pence an edge. If you use a cheap shaving soap stick it works out at about 2p a shave assuming you use each blade 5 times.

Would rather change them frequently than push an expensive cartridge day after day long after its past its prime due to the cost of replacing them.
yes but if you slip .........

yes but if you slip .........

No I am talking about a safety razor what I use
images

here not a straight (open) razor. Obviously the potential for damage if you slip is greater than a normal razor!
images

Last edited:
No I am talking about a safety razor what I use
images

here not a straight (open) razor
images
trouble i find with the cheapies one shave and there blunt,bics are ok but the gillette i se i get about 8 shaves out of one blade, they are 7 quid for 3 blades so quite dear

Even if I were to put a new blade in every 2 days and used an expensive shaving soap or cream it would still only work out at 10p a shave with what I use. Quality double edge safety razor blades are really sharp and I can use some for at least a week's worth.

Last edited:
I only shave when it gets so long it irritates me, usually once a week!

Normally buy what ever is on offer, currently some Gillette turbo thing!

I did use an electric shaver for a few years but it takes so much longer, and once the foil had worn through I haven't bothered replacing it.

Always fancied having a proper shave though!

I hardly ever wet shave. I grow a beard. Then trim it with a beard trimmer, and grow it again. Occasionally I'll trim it, wet shave and then grow said beard again. Pure laziness.

[video=youtube;4ymrAEpLsNo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ymrAEpLsNo[/video]

Used to read the Dandy and Beano (my personal favourite) as a child. Very excited when it was delivered and I could read it over breakfast.

I haven't changed, I have a Viz subscription now. It's total tripe, but I still read it.

I use a mach 3 in the shower with no soap. Shave every night and a blade lasts ages in fact i just put a new one in yesterday, first since the middle of september when i went on hol.
This one will do me to christmas so a pack of 8 blades must last about a year :smile:

I don't shave. Ever. Just trim the beard down every now and then.

I'm 25 and can't grow a beard.

I feel left out.

I buy a Gillette 4 blade gizmo with 2 spare replacement heads and it lasts me about 18months.

I feel left out.

I buy a Gillette 4 blade gizmo with 2 spare replacement heads and it lasts me about 18months.

Its funny - some people just don't grow a good beard. Don't worry though. It doesn't mean us beard growers are more butch than you, we're just more masculine and good looking....and tough.

;)

I feel left out.

Like my brother. If I clean shave I look about 12 so avoid it at all costs.

Like my brother. If I clean shave I look about 12 so avoid it at all costs.

I look about 12 anyway. I'm forever having people think I'm the apprentice when I turn up at work and they always ask when the "teacher" is turning up.

That video is 14 minutes long and ends with him putting on lotion and fanning himself (( I skipped it forward))

If I spent 14 minutes shaving, how would I ever find the time to do the crossword while having a tom tit?

Big girls blouse!! LOL

I feel left out.

strange i was like you hardley ever needing to shave and looked young for my age then at some point in my late 40s i suddenly needed to shave 3 times a week think its conected to the forest im developing in one ear
now i have to shave more its a real pita and i now know why all the hairy types grow beards

Used to know a female hairdresser and she told me that to use an open razor they were taught to practise with shaving foam on an inflated balloon so any burst would be a cut.
Too much Jedi master nonsense for me.

Used to know a female hairdresser

When I glanced at that quickly I thought it read "I know a female hairdresser with a beard with b@ll@cks the size of balloons"

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to know a female hairdresser and she told me that to use an open razor they were taught to practise with shaving foam on an inflated balloon so any burst would be a cut.
Too much Jedi master nonsense for me.
my wife told me about that training(she's a hairdresser)

The session in the video is of course a tutorial and at a slow pace for the viewer. Wouldn't really take that long in reality

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet shaving in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

O
Hi I had a wet patch that appeared on my dining room wall close to the ceiling so I assumed it was coming from the bathroom directly above. I have recently moved in after decorating and used the sink and toilet before and the bath but never the shower. A plumber I know came and took the bath...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock