Discuss Welcome to the new forum and web address! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Just curious as to why "UK" has been left out of the name Plumbers Forums?

were now diverse accepting the americans, the canadians and anyone else that wants to say hi

Hopefully we will have some members that can advise / join up eg like oz

We DEF need an 'agree' emoji. Why? It helps people we are trying to help see that others agree with the statements made but saves everyone having to write stuff. An 'agree' emoji would be an empathetic response to users :cool:

I think the idea is to boost numbers of visitors to the site, so by making it more international we get not only diyers/home owners asking for advice from overseas, but hopefully professionals who can answer those questions also.

I think the idea is to boost numbers of visitors to the site, so by making it more international we get not only diyers/home owners asking for advice from overseas, but hopefully professionals who can answer those questions also.

With more 'septics' visiting the site, everyone needs to be prepared for serious levels of abuse and stalking. Many of them have no filters whatsoever. On a personal level, I know I will simply stop coming if it even begins to get silly. It's simply not worth the grief - especially when you are trying to help someone for free :(

I did an experiment once on LinkedIn. The yanks were 'hijacking' seemingly all threads and turning them round to: politics, religion, race & abortion. Most threads died within two days due to it. So, I posted a question asking why they did it. Genuinely I wanted to find out what was behind it. In two days it was hijacked:rolleyes:. The thread ended up running for three months with somewhere like 3000 posts most of which were generated by approx 12 people with opposing views on race, religion, abortion & politics. At the time Obama was in power so you can imagine some of the vitriol.

During this time I did some analysis. I received over 200 direct messages. Most were from non-americans who laughed up their sleeves at them and explained that this was exactly why they are so universally hated across the globe. WIthin those messages I had a handful of the kind of emails one only reads about. So disgustingly full of hate it was difficult to conceive of them coming from the people they did. We are talking preachers, CEOs of seemingly reasonable companies and highly qualified and eminent people in their fields. I got them cos occasionally I'd just lob in a question or statement to stir up the pot. One such was, "As obama is doing such a fantastic job, is it not time the Southern states of the USA recognised his value and heritage and put further victims of your racially oppressive regime into power?"

Oh the British sense of humour is naughty....

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Welcome to the new forum and web address! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock