Currently reading:
washing machine inlet pipe won't fit with tap open

Discuss washing machine inlet pipe won't fit with tap open in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toboy

Hi guys in new here.I've just bought my first home and I've got the point of fitting the washing machine.I can't open the tap once the inlet pipe is fastened in place.I tried opening it after turning the water off then fitting the pipe but then I can't fasten the pipe on enough to get it to seal as the end of the tap I'd in the way. I also tried having the tap partially open but as the pipe is screwed in the tap closes itself..Is there anything I can do without getting a plumber in such getting an inlet pipe that had a shorter thread?Thank you in advanceTony

unscrew little screw holding plastic cap, remove it then fit your hose and use pliers or adjustable spanner to turn valve on, or you can shut mains stopcock off.

This is becoming more of a problem and what I do is take the handle off like said and i cut a bit of the handle off . Usually just a little corner. But be careful or use a vice grips as very parnickity. Then handle can be refitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to washing machine inlet pipe won't fit with tap open in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock