Search the forum,

Discuss Was my smart thermostat installed incorrectly? Or what is the issue? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

When I set it to be on via phone, light A comes on (telling it to be on), but light B won’t come on, so the boiler doesn’t start. I either need to set A on and off several times via phone, or turn it off and on again via switch (C).
When I set the water to be on, it works instead, and green light B does come on.

What can it be? If the wiring had been done badly, it just wouldn’t work right? Then what it is?

• Worcester Bosh Greenstar Ri boiler
  • Drayton wiser system

Attachments

• IMG_3873.jpeg
    IMG_3873.jpeg
    250.3 KB · Views: 10
Could be wiring or a port valve switching on and off a few times leads me to port valve

Could be wiring or a port valve switching on and off a few times leads me to port valve
Could you clarify this bit?

port valve switching on and off a few times leads me to port valve

As additional info, I used to have a different thermostat - Honeywell - with a timer, and I never experienced these issues.

Turn the heating on via the app and wait an hour might be a delay / in x the heating will come on etc

But with the old thermostat (not smart, no app, just wall panel) it used to turn on automatically…

There might be a delay / its manufactured to do this

Reply to Was my smart thermostat installed incorrectly? Or what is the issue? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock