Discuss Warmflow 70/90 KabinPak hot water tepid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fre2709

Hi All,

tried to add this information to a thread that seemed to be 3-years old. Obviously that didn't work because I had no answers yet.

My boiler had a service and since then has been playing up. Tripping the H/L stat and hot water starts out hot then by the time the bath is half-full is tepid. It never used to do this. Could get a full bath and be nice and hot.

Had the engineer back and apart from suggesting changing a few parts seemed stumped. Since then following his advice I have changed...

Pressure Vessel.
Control Stat.
H/L Stat
Both Auto Vents.

Seemed to reduce the incidence of tripping for a while but now it is back.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Is the DHW tank in the boiler up to temp?
When you open the hot tap, does the DHW pump start and burner fire?
Could be the flow switch. Could be so many things really.
Do you have problems with limescale? could be the heat exchanger clogged, turn the water off and remove the DHW out, and see if it looks clogged up.
If your not convinced that guy knows what he is doing, get another engineer off Oftecs website.

Although, some of them things wouldn't cause stat's to trip.
Need to find out what temp's the HW tank etc are reaching really.

Hi, had a word with the guy who fitted it. He seems to think it may be the pumps not dissipating stored heat in the boiler fast enough. The build-up's causing the H/L stat to trip.

It's done it four times tonight seems to be getting worse. As long as it hasn't tripped out boiler fires fine on opening tap. Water starts off hot (from the heatstore) then gets cooler as you leave the tap to run. We have the blending valve on max at the moment to try to improve the temperaure but doesn't help much.

I think all the control circuitry is fine, just something causing it to overheat.

Id be keener on seeing what the pressure gauge is reading whilst all this is going on.

When it has gone completely cold. Pressure sits at 1.3 bar. When running at about 2.1 bar.

I Used to lose pressure until I changed the auto-vents and pressure vessel. Since then not...

Is this the one with the flexible pipes if so they have a habit of getting blocked also there are check valves in the pump outlets as they are plastic they sometimes distort if the boiler overheats and it could be that they are stuck shut.
Difficult to say without being there.

Thanks Kimbo,

so having someone change the pump heads alone would probably not fix it? Are these check valves available separately or do you have to buy the whole dual head pump assembly to get them? They don't seem to be on the boiler parts list in the manual...

I have noticed that the boiler seems to take a long time to warm up the water store. For instance this morning it had tripped again. So I reset it and turned off CH until it had finished warming the store. Turned on CH and that came on OK although there seemed to be an long delay before boiler fired even though CH pump light was lit. I opened the tap to draw water for a hand basin and the water store kicked back in but took about 15 minutes to get it up to temp. I am sure it never used to take that long - but then I never used to sit there watching it either.

Difficult to diagnose without being there. Check valves are plastic and fit in pump outlets hwos sell them part no w2219. Buy one and remove pump assembly and check them. I am afraid it is trial and error unless you get someone in who knows the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Warmflow 70/90 KabinPak hot water tepid in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock