Search the forum,

Discuss Vokera excel 80sp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Went to this one today.
customer reported fan was getting noisy.
found fan runs on high speed continually. I think as it's permanent pilot it should run at low speed then ramp up when a demand is on.
Hot water and heating working fine but fan running on full speed constantly.
i am guessing at PCb but is there anything else that can cause this?

There's not many excel's about that's for sure, your logic sounds ok, might be worth trying tech help? unless they want to charge you for the privilege....

Yeah didn't even bother with them as I'm pretty sure they will charge for that one. Not a good advertisement for Vokera really seeing 9 times out of 10 it's the engineers that suggest the boiler that's fitted.
i won't ever recommend a Vokera. Not just because they are rubbish but because rather than answer a 2 second technical question the guy on the other end of the phone wanted to spend 5 mins taking my details on a premium rate line to charge me for technical advice. I would never pay that out of principle.

That's the most arsehole move i think any boiler manufacturer ever made... imagine having the gaul to charge for tech help??? :57:

I would like to hope they would be a bit more polite if you were paying to speak to them as they are bloody rude normally.

back to the boiler fault, i had a similar problem some time ago on a different make of boiler but i think the domestic flow switch was sticking on so the boiler thinks theres a tap turned on and sends the fan to high speed continuously.
hope this helps

Went to this one today.
customer reported fan was getting noisy.
found fan runs on high speed continually. I think as it's permanent pilot it should run at low speed then ramp up when a demand is on.
Hot water and heating working fine but fan running on full speed constantly.
i am guessing at PCb but is there anything else that can cause this?
sounds like fan relay on pcb,not cheap though PCB - Gas Appliance Spares (Preston) Ltd

southcoast, sorry only just seen this one, I have a used PCB for one off these beauts,( LOL ) I know its a good one, it came out of my sisters just before xmas. Let me know if you need it.

I thought I had one if these pcbs in the garage. Went there again to replace and it was the same box type one. Looked really similar but must have been off a different Vokera.

i am now suspecting the fan is at fault as it's quite noisy and where it sounded like it was changing speeds was due to it being on its way out.
Going there today with a new fan now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vokera excel 80sp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock