Search the forum,

Discuss Viessmann vitodens 100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

ndsmith

Been to a vitodens 100 that is warming up and shutting off quite quick, the pump is spinning and adjusting speed no problem however heat isn't being transferred to rads or cylinder.

This vitodens model is the earlier one without the air vent on off heat exchanger , I'm starting to think it might be air trapped in there , although it's not kettling.

Any ideas on best way forward with it, i.e. Best way to vent the heat exchanger

thanks

whats temp doing sounds like you dont have any flow through the boiler

Temp is warming up to where you want it low or max but just not circulating.

whats the drain at the top of the hx doing when opened?

There isn't one on this model, I think it is one of early ones

Silly question nothing daft like a nact 2 ports is it.

The only thing I have ever gone to on one of these was a knact flowswitch, but if the pump stops / starts it shouldnt be that . Any recent works been done ?

On a 3 port which is working fine.

3 months ago I worked on system bled it all and been working fine since then until yesterday

I have sorted this now, it was air trapped at the top of the heat exchanger.

Early viessmanns like this one don't have a vent on top, so if possible and have a drain off on the RETURN pipe above the boiler, close off a pump valve and drain off from the return pipe so that the cold feed goes through the boiler and run until air is out, ensuring that the header tank is obviously being filled up so you aren't dragging more air through.

Nice one to remember for you all hopefully.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Viessmann vitodens 100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock