Discuss vent pipe to header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Archbold

Hello my first post strange problem when central heating switches on the vent pipe from header tank starts to vibrate the pipe is not moving but when you put a hand around it you can feel vibration been running well for 5 years this has just started last few weeks.had plumbers out and also gas board no one has a clue what the problem is system all working fine rads and hot water all pipes correct new pump fitted.noise is driving me up the wall can hear it all over house it only lasts for 2-3 mins any ideas anyone.

tried turning pump speed down to see if that sorts the prob, as you said new pump fitted, was it like for like?

Yes like for like have ran pump on speed 1 this does make noise a little less noisey but not much also rads downstairs slow to heat norm pump speed 2

When does it happen?

happens when room thermostat calls for heat and when hot water tank stat calls for heat. pump not running dry

Have you checked the motorised valve?

Or auto bypass if it has one?

y plan valve only 6 months old honeywell no auto bypass great response to problem by the way

plastic clips gone slack or popped out ?trv sticking?try removing all the heads see if it stops it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vent pipe to header tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock