Search the forum,

Discuss Van done over, tools lifted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyswamp

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had my van done last night and all my corded and cordless power tools have gone
After talking to police and others, it seems there is a "master" type ford transit key available from amazon for around 25 quid which will open various models, including dead locks
4 or 5 transits got robbed in my area last night according to plod, all with no signs of break in/damage

Had my complete Milwaukee kit, Marcrist corer, 36v Hilti, multi tool (cheapo) and probably other stuff
Anyway, no point crying over spilt milk etc (I've made a few calls and had a couple of names back which, if involved, will be visited)
Will get my old Makita core drill refurbed, I've got an old milwaukee 28v for a bigger sds, so just need a good kit (drill, recip saw, torch, trim saw etc)
Can have the 6 piece Milwaukee fuel with 6 battery charger station, impact and drill/driver, torch, recip and trim saws and angle grinder for around £875/900 incl VAT
Looked at Makita, Dewalt and Hitachi and all look much of a muchness
Any exp of these?

Sorry to hear this mate, I had the same done to my transit connect earlier this year. I've since out extra locks on, you have to do it or they will target your van again soon.

sorry to hear that mate

Gutted for you, keep your new kit indoors.

I really really genuinely hope they overdose and die...

Had the same done in our town last week five vans done with ford master key not a mark on the van. I spoke to ford as have five of there vans nothing they can do, now having extra locks fitted !! Be thinking twice on next van buy. Sorry about your tool mate they are just scum in my eyes.

sorry to hear about your tools. Worth a look at your local car boot sale to see if anything turns up.

absolute scum, I truly hope they are tortured for days and then left to die alone. I hate thieves. I'm so sorry mate. I had my van done, luckily I caught them and all they got was my analyser.

Passed caring about the tools now, been done a couple of times before and it will eat away at you if you let it
Just had soc officer here dusting the van for prints, took some papers away that were moved but don't think they'll get much
Heard through the grapevine that 3 people/properties were raided this afternoon (confirmed by police, who also said there's another lined up for early tomorrow morn) so I may get something back, never know
Some of my Milwaukee stuff was up to be replaced due to age, also the Hilti, just didn't plan on just yet
I will update when I have any more info if anyone's interested, as 1 of the alleged gang of scroats handed himself in to police last week, his victim from 2 weeks ago made life very difficult for him and he felt safer inside

feel for you, my garage was raided 5 years back, its just hassle and stress on top of losing the tools, but the scumbag got caught doing another lads garage, seems he received some severe bruising outside the court when they gave him a pathetic sentence and those that had lost their gear turned vigilante, not me but some rather big local builders :)

Gutted for you, they want there hands cutting off!!!!

It's all going a bit vigillante round here ATM, quite a few farmers near me have had quads stolen and have put up a reward of a few grand between them, I don't think the pigs will need feeding for a while once one of the scroats chooses money over honour amongst thieves

its no consolation mate but Plumbs are doing a couple of deals on a Fein multi tool and Marcrist DDM core drill, might be worth a look.

I had the Marcrist DDM, I've sent off my old Makita 4306? to be refurbed (clutch etc) so I'll wait and see what it's like with the PC 850 cores (which they left behind)
The Marcrist was good with the cores when new, but don't think it would last as long as the Makita, didn't feel as robust

its no consolation mate but Plumbs are doing a couple of deals on a Fein multi tool and Marcrist DDM core drill, might be worth a look.

also tool stop are

Its a hastle doing it but I unload all powertools in doors at night, I just couldn't sleep even if I'd left a single one in there.

Ive said this again and i'll say it again fellas, aftermarket deadlocks for your van or slam locks, forget about what comes on the van as standard that wont stop anyone with access to the internet

Spend the £500 or more on a decent set of locks and sleep better at night or when your working in a rough area

Ive said this again and i'll say it again fellas, aftermarket deadlocks for your van or slam locks, forget about what comes on the van as standard that wont stop anyone with access to the internet

Spend the £500 or more on a decent set of locks and sleep better at night or when your working in a rough area

You don't arf repeat yourself, I say repeat yourself :thinking:

Agree fully mate, getting locks fitted Sat morn on side and rear
Hadn't heard about the key fiasco before now, or maybe I did but chose tomignore it

I think most of us are guilty of ignoring the warnings until its too late, its just bad luck that choads get away with this kind of thing so much.

Feel for you mate hearing a lot of guys having their van done around here.

I bought a Vito with the locks already bust 3year ago - would be easy for them to get in but nobody has tried.
Do all the people who have had their vans broken into, leave them on a driveway or the street?? Mines on the street but right outside my house but you can clearly see it from the main road

Last edited:
Mine was out the back of my house, cul de sac

Really annoyed me that did

Feel for anyone who has tools nicked. Really do

You don't arf repeat yourself, I say repeat yourself :thinking:

Agree fully mate, getting locks fitted Sat morn on side and rear
Hadn't heard about the key fiasco before now, or maybe I did but chose tomignore it

I fitted mine myself, I've also got a van vault for added piece of mind with the power tools

The only thing is to remember to lock them, but if someone gets past my vans standard locks and then gets past the dead locks and gets into the van vault they deserve my tools for there effort

sadly if its the mk7 transit? not the latest shape,one before thats seen everywhere,you dont need a key to break in,just a bread knife

Gutted for you mate, I know how this feels. Get a site box in your van, they're not that expensive.

Ive got my driver door lock disabled.
Whole van extra alarm immobilised. Huge vault bolted to floor. Side door internally locked. Rear doors locked and a disc lock
901456a4397c67ab1ca2f8cf52997b6a.jpg
866b8c7f62f3c942359fde890b2cbb77.jpg
7b354448f9287c17e468770385e96565.jpg
311322bbb328148c04c8e98df7e06e52.jpg
19e926a16539f723c2bf073cae48ee33.jpg

Its quite secure

What extra security locks do you chaps use? Got van being serviced end Feb do will ask my mechanic to fit rear & side door locks.

Well if you drive a ford, dislocate the door lock from the mechanism. As these master keys, and ford in their infinite wisdom. When the key is turned it opens all the doors and disarms the alarm.
Hence the no-sign of forced entry.
By dislocating the lock (20 min job) they can twiddle til the cows come home and the doors wont open. But even if they did theyd need to smash into the back of my van with a sledge hammer to gain access.
I also have my ford diagnostic socket removed and non standard interfaced plug attached. The bit they need is in the house and i plug it in if it needs to go into the ford garage. This means is they try and plug a computer/pda into the socket and read the immobiliser code - they cant. Non standard plug. Wiring totally different.

My alarm is independant of that so will activate if vehicle breached. And immobilised too.
My side door just has a very deep shackle that drops into the door reinforcement and bulkhead. The door cannot be forced. The read doot has a 6 lever KASP lock. Much better quality lock than the cheaper 5 lever types such as stop lock

Now if they got in the vault. They get the tools. But no chargers or batteries as i have a battery box that comes indoors, partly because of the cold. Partly to **** a thief off.

Paranoid lol...no but..

I apply the same rules with everything.
Did I buy it and can i afford to lose/replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you drive a ford, dislocate the door lock from the mechanism. As these master keys, and ford in their infinite wisdom. When the key is turned it opens all the doors and disarms the alarm.
Hence the no-sign of forced entry.
By dislocating the lock (20 min job) they can twiddle til the cows come home and the doors wont open. But even if they did theyd need to smash into the back of my van with a sledge hammer to gain access.
I also have my ford diagnostic socket removed and non standard interfaced plug attached. The bit they need is in the house and i plug it in if it needs to go into the ford garage. This means is they try and plug a computer/pda into the socket and read the immobiliser code - they cant. Non standard plug. Wiring totally different.

My alarm is independant of that so will activate if vehicle breached. And immobilised too.
My side door just has a very deep shackle that drops into the door reinforcement and bulkhead. The door cannot be forced. The read doot has a 6 lever KASP lock. Much better quality lock than the cheaper 5 lever types such as stop lock

Now if they got in the vault. They get the tools. But no chargers or batteries as i have a battery box that comes indoors, partly because of the cold. Partly to **** a thief off.

Paranoid lol...no but..

I apply the same rules with everything.
Did I buy it and can i afford to lose/replace it.

Hi Phil what reg is your transit van ? I have a transit 03 need to sort mine I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Van done over, tools lifted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock