Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant EcoTEC Pro 28 - radiator flow temp locked to 50 degrees in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all,

I’m looking for some advice on my Vaillant boiler, which is controlled by my Hive thermostat. I have set the radiator flow temperature to 75 degrees on the boiler control panel, but the actual temperature never gets hotter than 50. I have done some checks, and believe I have found the problem:

• If I put the boiler in test mode, it very quickly heats up to 75 degrees. As soon as I leave test mode, it drops back down again to 50.
  • On setting D.005 in the installer menu, the value is showing at 50 degrees. I think this is what’s causing the issue.
  • The manual suggests that this setting can be changed by adjusting D.071, and an ‘eBUS control’ can override this setting if fitted.
  • D.071 is set to 75 degrees.
I therefore believe my issue is that I have an eBUS fitted, which is locking the max flow temp at 50 degrees.

I don’t actually understand what an eBUS is, so I’d be really grateful (and a lot warmer!) if someone could let me know the following:

1. Is it possible to disable or adjust the eBUS settings from the boiler control panel?
  2. If not, how would I go about fixing this problem, and is it a job that requires a professional?

Many thanks,
Joe

Reply to Vaillant EcoTEC Pro 28 - radiator flow temp locked to 50 degrees in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock