Discuss vaillant ecotec 28e condensing firing problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bradchop

HI guys, i have a vaillant ecotec 28e condensing heat only boiler which fires up nicely for about 3 seconds then cuts out. the error code comes up as f4 which is an ignition fault (lockout) went out when lit. i have checked the gas side of things and everything is all good, but im left with the electrode, ignition lead or electronic igniter!! :44:

has anyone else come across this problem and can save me going to the plumb center 3 times ??? :rockon2: lol

thanks guys n gals

update, i switched the boiler on again and it has started to work as it should!! very strange!! im not going to put on the boiler cover though just yet as im not that lucky!! i think it points more towards the electrode itself though..does anyone else agree?

ta

clean both sides of electrode connections/rectifierer

thanks for your reply. update. i brought a new electrode. only 18 quid from plumb centre. so far so good. its been running for over 40 mins now so it must have done the job.

thanks all

RAK Random Acts of Kindness is the way forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to vaillant ecotec 28e condensing firing problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry to hijack the thread, but im new to these forums and upon searching for some answers to my below question i come across this thread. I...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock