Discuss Vaillant eco tec pro 28 - pump leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scowey

Firstly, Hello

I have just spent most of the day trying to sort out my insurance cover for the above boiler (vaillant eco tec pro 28) as it started leaking late last night.

After a testing time on the phone I eventually went into the loft to sort out the problem myself and found the leak to be coming from the join between pump and housing, I have been quoted £95 for a complete pump (which would require dismantling more parts than I intended) and have been told by Vaillant the seal required is not a stock part.

I tried re-seating the old seal in desperation but to no avail, anyone got any advice?
my four year old boy is a tough little nut but our 17 year old daughter is hysterical about not having the shower available.

Cheers, Carl

Buy the new pump and just change the head. Could possibly try leak sealers, but not guaranteed to work

Leak sealers sounds promising, the seal itself doesn't look too bad so I'll take another look in the morning when the plumb shop opens.

Failing that it looks like a new pump and save the old one for spares. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant eco tec pro 28 - pump leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock