Discuss Unvented water heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billybongo

Hi all , regarding the small unvented water heaters under sink type , can you mount the expansion vessel horizontaly as well as vertical ie 90 degress to the pipe i am thinking if its a sealed system its ok either way.
It just that according to legonella regs they have to b mounted vetically . Also another quick question basin click clack wastes can you put new insides in without takeing waste right out .
Cheers
Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sure they work fine either way, but you are supposed to drain them when doing legionella checks so that would be the reason to mount them pipe down.

That sounds logical , just out of cauriosity when they drain them do you litteraly undo the vessel and drain them through the tapping they are screwed into .

Best way to drain them is to remove from the installation and attach a foot pump to the valve and pump it out

On commercial installs that I have seen, a tamper proof isolation device is fitted and then a drain cock is installed to allow it to be emptied. Its important that its not easy to shut off by mistake as it could then be dangerous. If it still has its pressure in it it should discharge any water on its own.

Hi all, just for info i emailed heatrae and they said install vertically , i have asked why this is so will let you know , i cant see the difference on a sealed system myself .
Mark .

says it all tbh 9.06

[video=youtube;NVEbJbUsCZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVEbJbUsCZs[/video]

and how many unvented cylinders have you see side ways mounted

shaun corbs as the post says its the expansion vessel that i was querying not the cylinder , but the video sort of answered the question as the exp vessel was mounted horizantally , but there are other manufacturers who say vertical only , so i am still confused how this lays with legonella regs which is why i asked the question . cheers mark .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented water heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock