Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented System - Noise Issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Anyone know what might be causing this situation please? We have replaced the EV and non-return valve but still happens.

Normal static pressure on that gauge is 2.5 but it builds up overnight to 3+ and then the problem occurs.

Were a bit lost and had a few engineers look at it.

At this point if someone helps me out and solves this happy to send over some beers (money) your way!

If turning off the heat sources to the cylinder solves the problem (try it a few nights), report back.
If it doesn’t solve the problem, report back.

If turning off the heat sources to the cylinder solves the problem (try it a few nights), report back.
If it doesn’t solve the problem, report back.

Hi - ok so did some tests and pressure upstairs as measured on guage goes beyond static 2.5 to 3.5-4 when the hot water tank is being heated by gas.

When I then draw hot water from tap get the horrible noise and it seems to be coming from the EV side.

Attachments

• heating 2.PNG
    heating 2.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • heating 3.PNG
    heating 3.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 13
  • heating1.PNG
    heating1.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 13

Reply to Unvented System - Noise Issue in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock