Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented low water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

Hi guys

have got low water pressure only on cold water supply hole flat.
customer has turned off few times the mains before I came now I just changed a thing mixer and opened up the hot and cold supply ... hot decent pressure but cold not as good ...

do you think it's the stopcock or airlock ? When I turn the mains off no water so issume it's working u less it's gone inside

IMG_0599.jpg

I believe it's the stopcock and will change it to rule it out

Stopcocks normally never give trouble as with partial blocking. Unless in a rare event that large debris got into stopcock after work done on mains supply to property.
If you could check flow of water immediately after stopcock to test.
Usual suspects would be any other valves or the pressure reducing valve filter.
Just noticed you titled this unvented. The combination valve filter might be blocked but needs a G3 person to service it.
The hot water flow however, would also be affected.
Sometimes an extra pressure reducing valve is fitted - usually near mains stopcock, to regulate all the cold supplies where the combination valve balanced cold connection cannot be used - such as where an existing plumbing was changed to unvented. Look for a PRV after stopcock but strictly speaking a G3 person should be working on it to ensure the pressure is same as the unvented unit

Last edited:
Stopcocks normally never give trouble as with partial blocking. Unless in a rare event that large debris got into stopcock after work done on mains supply to property.
Just noticed you titled this unvented. The combination valve filter might be blocked but needs a G3 person to service it.
Sometimes an extra pressure reducing valve is fitted - usually near mains stopcock, to regulate all the cold supplies where the combination valve balanced cold connection cannot be used - such as where an existing plumbing was changed to unvented. Look for a PRV after stopcock but strictly speaking a G3 person should be working on it to ensure the pressure is same as the unvented unit

Hello Gary,

Thank you very much for your help.

Now, the funny part you mention it's rare ... maybe I had a super rare effect had to change 2 stopcock mains and the one for cold water :D

Now full pressure and works accordingly. By the way I would have not touched anything regarding health and safety. But as mention soon I'm going to u deryakr G3 course but first gas has to be sorted out.

Wish you a quiet and relaxing weekend !

Kind regards,

Ronny

Hello Gary,

Thank you very much for your help.

Now, the funny part you mention it's rare ... maybe I had a super rare effect had to change 2 stopcock mains and the one for cold water :D

Now full pressure and works accordingly. By the way I would have not touched anything regarding health and safety. But as mention soon I'm going to u deryakr G3 course but first gas has to be sorted out.

Wish you a quiet and relaxing weekend !

Kind regards,

Ronny

That's good Ron! If it works, that's all matters. I only ever come across stopcocks jumper & washer seized closed, or the rare event of grit in stopcock from repair work done on mains supply by local water board.

That's good Ron! If it works, that's all matters. I only ever come across stopcocks jumper & washer seized closed, or the rare event of grit in stopcock from repair work done on mains supply by local water board.

I was thinking about a seized washers too but it was a little more :) however, it went alright :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented low water pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock