Search the forum,

Discuss Understanding Gas service record in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Keb

Hi,
We are looking to buy a house and the current owners have a Worcester 30Si boiler. They have recently had it serviced and sent us the record. It all seems fine and it says it is safe to use, but in the section details of any faults/remedial work to be carried out, there are three points.
"Can pressure - 6.90"
"Pressure at gas valve - 18.39 on full rate"
"electrical bonding installed on boiler"

Please would someone be able to explain what this means as I don't understand it. They have also had some electrical work done to correct some faults so I think the electrical bonding part has been fixed, but I don't know what the pressures mean.

Many Thanks,
Kay

What make boiler do you have ? is it a Vaillant ? fan pressure indicates if boiler needs a full strip service, Bonding was required across all the pipes below the boiler but I think it now depends on what sort of consumer unit you have , Pressure at gas valve is referring to working pressure at boiler 20mbar is recommended but some boiler manufactures will except less than this and 18.39 is pretty close

As above. It means you have plenty of gas when the boiler is at maximum and if you need a full service or not
Sounds like everything is ok with the boiler

its like an mot and is an indication at that point in time. Like and mot it doesnt care if some bits are faulty so it doesnt mention a sludged up system with no working rads so like anything of this sort pinch of salt and be prepared to pay out for work required. I get a lot of customers selling their hoses asking for a safety check for solicitors to pass on, the fact that the boiler hasnt been serviced since it was put in isnt mentioned and I have failed some and the house sells just the same and the new owners have called me back moaning that the boiler hasnt worked and why since I was the last to service it. I then get them to read what my certificate actually says and they arent always happy.

Why not move in and get everything gas checked within a couple of days and if any probs contact your solicitor

No usually you have 5 days to get everything checked or at least you do up here

Ok good, seems like it will all be OK then, Thanks for your help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Understanding Gas service record in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock