Discuss Underfloor Central Heating, but one zone is always hot in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

porkpie1977

Hi - new to the forum, and a DIY plumber, so please be gentle :)

I moved into a new house recently, with underfloor heating throughout. All rooms have thermostats, which seem to be working as expected except...

...the downstairs toilet zone was getting very hot, and there appeared to be no thermostat / control switch to turn this down or off.

(I have hunted around, and the only thing I can find nearby is a 'froststat', which I can't believe is in any way connected to the zone heating.)

On investigating further, I found the manifold in my under-stairs cupboard, and spotted that actuator head for that zone had 'popped' off the valve/manifold, leaving the pin in the 'up' position (and letting hot water flow through constantly). I've put the head back on, and have found that I *can* now control the flow to this zone by rotating the actuator head, and can see the flow guage changing.

Could this be the way I'm supposed to control the heat to that room? Seems like an odd way to do it, as I would need to crawl into my under-stairs cupboard each time I wanted to change the temperature.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor Central Heating, but one zone is always hot in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back