Discuss Ultimate bodge award.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pssst

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I didnt take any pics but went to a house recently to trace a gas leak. I was somewhat surprised at what i saw. The house was a bog standard terrace originally with suspended wooden floors downstairs. Meter at front of house,two gas fires and a Worcs combi upstairs at the back of the house.

The leak was pretty much a straight drop.

Coming off the mter was about 8" of 22 then a couple of downward facing 22/22/15 tees,a couple of inches of 15 on each leg then onto two bits of old 1/2" lead which then disappeared into the floor.

One leg turned left to feed a gas fire to my right in the lounge.

This left the other 1/2" leg going under the floor,right to the back of the house,picking up the dining room fire on the way.

In the back kitchen extension,a bit of 15mm cu exited the back wall,externally up the back of the house,back inside under the bedroom floor and up to the Worcs combi.

To add further,the downstairs wooden floors had been removed at some point and the floors backfilled with concrete and screeded !!

Arghhhhh...

Punter said that the boiler man who fitted it had pondered and mentioned the gas but said it would be ok,,so he must have been the joker who ran the 15mm extension from the back kitchen..

Choppy choppy,,DGI

That brings back memories pssssst..:) I remember doing the lead cup joints as par for the course many moons ago :)

Ah yes.. i can remember spending weeks on battering lead with lead dressers and having my joint is better than yours competitions with the rest of the lads..happy days...sigh..

Felt sorry for her really...i think she had done her best and had been ripped off big time..

Why is it always the Bodgers get good customer's and I get the crap ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ultimate bodge award.. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock