Search the forum,

Discuss Typical radiator circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

learnplum

Hi can,t seem to work this out, as usual.:sorcerer:

I have two diagrams of radiator circuits.
Diagram one shows the flow,too each rad on the left off the rad, and the return is the last rad on the right side.
But diagram two shows a flow too each rad on the left again, too each rad, but this time the last rad, is connected but also bypassed.
Help please:tounge_smile:

Hi dancin, one diagram is in the reader,s digest and the other is in nvq level 3 and my head is battered thanks.:tounge_smile:

So basically the water on the last rad, has the option on the last rad, too go through it or go straight to the return pipe, or both.(this is the reader,s digest version):tounge_smile:

Wot,s throwin me is why is reader,s digest, showin the last rad too have two options?
Bypassed and also flow through the last rad?:tounge_smile:

Easiest way to think of a radiator circuit is look at it like it's a ladder.

The stiles are your flow and return. The rungs are your radiators.

HI thanks, but the reader,s digest on page 108, suggest a different method?:tounge_smile:

HI thanks, but the reader,s digest on page 108, suggest a different method?:tounge_smile:
Are you looking in that R/Digest home DIY book, sounds like you may be looking at one pipe system, you need to get some proper books

The position for a system by pass is on the last rad,linking flow and return together,this is the text book correct way,taken from larger system designs,this allows the main flow and return pipework in the circuit to circulate and remain hot,even when all rads are closed down on their thermostatic control,so when any of the radiator's thermostatic valve's reopens it has heat straight away,basically it is like a pre heat for the heating side,pipework should be well lagged,smaller systems do not really need this

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Typical radiator circuit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock