Discuss Try again in the right place. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
[h=2]
icon1.png
Piping for a gas bbq[/h]
Chaps.

As the title suggests, I have been asked by a customer to run a gas pipe to facilitate a gas bbq whilst doing a boiler change for them.

Am fairly comfortable with the regs re burying and protecting the pipe indoors but how would you guys deal with the external bit. Ie what would you do the run in and what is the final termination fitting to use

cheers​

The only one I have ever done was hard piped to the BBQ. Although it was 5 grands worth and not really moveable. More like a portable kitchen!!!

I think this is basically what this guy is after. But wants the option to pack it away in winter. I assumed there would be a bayonet-esque type fitting. Is this right

Uou see I wasn't sure if I needed a ticket for that. It made sense. I've only got my basic domestics so that probably means I can't do it

You can run the pipe but can't connect the appliance.
Run it in plastic coated copper and terminate with a micropoint.

There was no bayonet fitting with this as far as I can remember. It was under a huge stone pergola type thing so he just kept it covered.

I did it on my domestic ticket as a range cooker, as it has 3 rings and an oven. Dunno whether that was right or not, but it's done now.

cheers Tamz that makes sense. So I can legitimately pipe it. Obvious I spose when you think about it like that.

I don't know if there is a specific acs that would cover this. You might be able to connect it. Not sure. Ring gas safe or ask Kirk. He'd know.

As its natural gas he can disconnect it but then needs a gsr to reconnect
you as a gsr engineer but without the leisure ticket cant connect it but if it was bottled gas both you and he could connect and disconnect as often as you wished
there are some very strange rules regarding gas

Crazy isn't it. Ambiguity for ambiguity's sake

pretty sure there is a leisure ticket covering bbqs gas lighting etc, as i enquired when I got called to a refurbed house, only to discover all the lighting was gas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all legal, little lamps with mantles etc, but under the leisure ticket, I ran away giggling.

Could well be the case mate. I'll phone the gs helpline tomorrow and report back

Just an update. Called gas safe today and they have said.
Pipework fine
final bbq connection need leisure ticket.

so actually a straightforward answer for once.

Cheers all for your comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Try again in the right place. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock