Currently reading:
Toliet keeps on dripping after flushing

Discuss Toliet keeps on dripping after flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicecharlie

Hi all

Thanks for looking. I have a problem with a toilet. When I press the flusher it flushes the toilet but continues to come in (in a steady drip). I have lifted the top as thought the float cant be working properly. So I took out some water from the section and waited for the water to fill up and see if the float cut off the water flow. It did but it seems that after a few times of using the flusher the problem comes back and the water goes pass the float and then down the overflow pipe on the flusher. Do I need to replace the float valve? or does it just need a clean? Thanks

Wait until it next runs into the pan & lift off the lid... If the levels too high & going down the overflow you will need a new inlet fill valve / float ( recommend a Fluidmaster)

if its running into the pan but the water level is correct then it's probably a modern style flush valve & the cartridge needs to be pulled out & the washer replaced or cleaned up, worst case replace with a new flush cartridge, I recommend Fluidmaster ones of them too ;)

post up a pic & we can help further if needed!

If the float is Blue in colour and looks like an upside down cup I`ve found in the past that adjusting the float up or down works. It can take time to find the sweet spot and I can`t explain why but it does.

Those nasty little torbecks... I hate those things!!! I would rip that out or I'd be called back the next day to it overflowing again!!

Those nasty little torbecks... I hate those things!!! I would rip that out or I'd be called back the next day to it overflowing again!!

Me too mate. I just show the customer how to do it should it play up again but agree to change it if customer can afford it.

Thanks everyone for all your help . It is going down the flusher overflow so I will replace as advised with fluid master. The inlet valve is a white plastic box shape on a Vitra toilet.

How do I know if this will fit?
I have found a fluid master bottom entry fill valve UK 1/2" at screwfix for under a tenner. Prod code 84007.

The one with the brass thread from fluid master is better IMHO.

Yours is very likely to be 1/2" so that should do the trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toliet keeps on dripping after flushing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back