Currently reading:
Timer Firing Up Boiler for Water, not for Heating

Discuss Timer Firing Up Boiler for Water, not for Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I have a Climote (but re-badged by Scottish Electric) timer, which I think has developed a fault, and need some advice as I have a problem.

First off, I have a Valiant traditional boiler, pressure good, power good and regular servicing. I note that when I ask the Climote for HW, the boiler fires up, lights and starts to heat the water.

If I try the same for Heating, and the Climote says it is on, but nothing happens on the boiler at all.

I have checked the external thermostat, and it is reporting 10dg lower temp than the target temp - so I don't think it is that.

Any ideas what this might be. Have reset the timer, checked the boiler pressure and power and all seems good.

Appreciate any thoughts or ideas.

Cheers, Mark.

Looking at the location of the valve I would say it looks awkward. I would get someone in to change it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Timer Firing Up Boiler for Water, not for Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock