Search the forum,

Discuss think i have upset swalec(south wales electricity) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

:)been changing all the rads in a house today along with a honeywell programmable rf and magna clean anyway got asked if i would take a 5 year old vailant ecomax on under contract swalec looked after it for 2 years 3 alarming faults come to light its in the loft and fitted on normal plaster board so a fire risk it has a 30mmx 40mm hole above the flue pocs entering building and i ask when was the heat exchanger gasket replaced (this boiler was serviced by swalec 2 weeks ago???????????what are they playing at????????:mad:gasket has not been replaced since they took over 2 years ago or as far as anyone knows never theres never been a service carried out just a safety check,so the lady of the house is horrified when i explain this boilers issues(for those of you who dont know check the gassafe tb on this)so she gets on the blower to vailant one expensive phone call later this is what vailant technical said quote"the gasket on these boilers regardless of the type used must be replaced on every service a safety check must not be carried out but a full service and gasket replacement,the gasket can not be removed and inspected as its integrity will be in question so a new one must be used so she then rang swalec who said as far as we are awarew there are no gasket issues with this boiler,she then speaks to a line manager who contradicts his colleage and says its a well known problem,but the engineer who safety checked the boiler deemed it to be ok ,but how if he did not do a full service and as the lady said they are charging me for a service not a service check they promised to ring back later that day after she asked them why they were not servicing her boiler to vailants mi,s but has not recived that call.........i wonder why:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable but as we all know the big boys seem to have their own rules and operate from a different regulation book from the rest of us mere registered mortals

imho

its the old adage with most of them on incentives to fit more services in in a day but at what cost these people were lucky,it was a toss up between the pocs re entering the building or the boiler bursting into flames

result on this custard rang me today swalec sent 2??????yes 2 engineers out today to replace the seal it was the rubber type original 5 year old new graphite one fitted,they also said the hole above the flue leaving pocs in was id and it was mounted on plaster board i filled the hole in on a temporarily basis with fire cement,all i had with me,they said to custard its your responsibility,he coolly said no its yours to find the faults and make me aware of them and as you(swalec)serviced it a fortnight ago i have the paper work you issued saying all was well no faults found,it took another gas engineer(me)to come here on unrelated plumbing works to make me aware of problems you should have either advised me about or sorted out and charged me,they then added ok,but we will not change the gasket again unless its disturbed,so the custard said(he had been briefed by me)how can you service it to the mi,s? they had no answer told him head office would ring him back,now i am not out to cause trouble for anyone but safety is our job,its what we are trained to do i wonder how swalec would handle this if there was a fatality or the boiler caught on fire through the gasket not being replaced there are no excuses in law

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to think i have upset swalec(south wales electricity) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock