Search the forum,

Discuss Test results in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

Hi all Had a call tonight from a project manager for a building firm I sub contract to. A boiler has been moved at a clients house which has subsequently had a gas leak (blue flames from below boiler) NB I haven't been to this site at all & as yet we are uncertain as to who moved it !! When I have assisted an GSR to install a new boiler a gas tightness check has always been done before commencement of any work & then after. Is this correct practice or just his way of doing things ? Is there any set procedure to record the findings either for engineers record or to give to client ? I understand of this is not for general publication so if so I would be grateful if someone could pm me

if you prove your gsr you could post in the private section

We always carry out a Letby and Tightness test before any work is done on gas appliances

LP, I doubt he is GSR? His OP states when he has assisted a GSR engineer to fit a boiler ....

We generally only make mention of it when it does not pass if it passes we simply carry out the work, not give a report on the tightness test.

Thanks for the replies. LP I am not GSR but am seriously considering it. I have done the wet plumbing for several boiler exchanges so have observed how the GSR does things. As always keen to learn good practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Test results in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock