Discuss Tax dodging plumbers to be targeted in new crack down by prosecutors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Petefinny

Here they go again attacking us hard working plumbers for grafting are arses off! Why are we always the ones to get it in the neck!! They think we are all millionaires with off shore bank accounts! We pay are taxes like everyone else and still they are not satisfied! All they are are money suckin leechs that want are hard earned money to give away to other countries! Leave us alone will you!

I surpose you get a few who dodge and duck and dive when it comes to tax, then we all get tard with the same brush. I don't see why plumbers should be singled out, we are in no different situation when it comes to tax as any other building trade.

Wife just told me its not just plumbers it is building trade in general, Probably media hype be because we are all earning 100,000 grand a year Ha Ha, I wish>:wink5:

If you pay your taxes then whats the problem? If anything it will help you as it will stop people doing cash in hand jobs and undercutting you.

Read it in the Paper today and didn't mention any other trade than Plumbers! Probably will be other trades aswell but because we get paid in cash some of the time they think we are rinsing the country!

I went to the cashpoint at tescos earlier today and theres an advert from the inland revenue on the screen, a pair of eyes looking out with the strapline ' We are coming after undeclared income'................ anyone got the number for jimmy carrs accountant?

HMRC needs to be ran as a business, they should/will target the greatest amount of money with the least amount of money. A press announcement every now and again is a cheap way of boosting the coffers, as whoever they are targetting will be thinking 'better get that sorted'.

If it was ran as a business I believe there are bigger fish to fry before they go for the monnows. imho

HMRC needs to be ran as a business, they should/will target the greatest amount of money with the least amount of money. A press announcement every now and again is a cheap way of boosting the coffers, as whoever they are targetting will be thinking 'better get that sorted'.

If it was ran as a business I believe there are bigger fish to fry before they go for the monnows. imho

I agree they haven't got the resources to go after every self employed person unless you are being particularly greedy I think we will be ok

Paper talk, it always makes me laugh takes the spotlight away from the real problems we all face.
Ask your MP what tough choices he has to make, when the gov tells us " We all have tough choices" On MPs money what a joke.

Last edited:
I went to the cashpoint at tescos earlier today and theres an advert from the inland revenue on the screen, a pair of eyes looking out with the strapline ' We are coming after undeclared income'

Im gonna make my own advert for HMCR - when will i get the cheque you said you would send me out on the 5th of NOVEMBER !! can i fine them if its not in my bank for the end of jan?
haha

btw any1 know how long i could be waiting?

Send them a letter telling them you will be fining them £100 a day for every day their payment is late...... good enough for the goose good enough for the gander and all that

I went to the cashpoint at tescos earlier today and theres an advert from the inland revenue on the screen, a pair of eyes looking out with the strapline ' We are coming after undeclared income'................ anyone got the number for jimmy carrs accountant?

I saw that too, must admit it made me want to declare some extra tax... Oh wait a minute, nope it didn't!

Don't have a lot of respect for HMRC, Years ago they were not happy with my accounts even though I had a proffesional accountant do my books. After thorough investigation and an additional £1,500 accounts bill they found there was nothing wrong and said I had over paid £100. Great, that was a complete waste of time and money, they did actually send some sort of letter of appology, Thanks. Sacked the accountant do my own books now.

Yes thats the bad news the accountants bill. Ir dont mind, his earnings and vat (that you have paid him )go to the gov so they gain on tax inspections anyway.
But always the weakest and workers get hit time after time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tax dodging plumbers to be targeted in new crack down by prosecutors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

R
Replies
Views
Masood
M
B
Replies
Views
Geegas
G
S