Search the forum,

Discuss Tape Record Your Builder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keefy

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
The Daily Mail front page for tomorrow tells consumers to tape record their builder to ensure they have at least a verbal agreement for any work being done.

Rogue traders this, rogue traders that. Give us a break and start promoting genuine, honest tradesmen for a change. It's like they want everyone to be viewed as a rogue before any work even starts.

The Daily Mail front page for tomorrow tells consumers to tape record their builder to ensure they have at least a verbal agreement for any work being done.

Rogue traders this, rogue traders that. Give us a break and start promoting genuine, honest tradesmen for a change. It's like they want everyone to be viewed as a rogue before any work even starts.

It's like guilty until proven innocent!!

The builder would have to know they're being recorded otherwise there is some sort of invasion of privacy or mumbo jumbo law that would have been breached otherwise.

All very pathetic if you ask me. I agree with you, promote the goods guys is where the effort is needed. That way the bad guys will soon get found out & weeded out.

there's nothing like a bit of scandal for selling papers
stories about good honest hard working tradesmen just dont sell papers

news of the world was always good for abit of scandal, you could always find out what the priests and vicars had been up too :censored:

Ha, we need to record the customers sometimes! Agree with above, There is too much awareness of rogue traders... Makes people paranoid

custarda.jpgcustardc.jpgcustardb.jpg

Sometimes would be nice to have a recording of conversation with custs, you never told me that, err yes I did!

The last time I was recorded on a mobile phone it certainly wasn't for general viewing!! ;-)

If I was a Rogue trader intent on conning a customer/s out of ÂŁ10k or ÂŁ50k, having a recorded conversation "claiming" to be me saying what I was proposing for the money would make absolutely no difference to me taking the money.

It would be a Complete waste of effort recording any conversations.
They won't stand up in court, they won't enbarrass a Rogue Trader into repaying any money or returning to finish any work.

The whole Rogue Trader thing makes people think they can be hyper sensitive and not pay for the smallest excuses!

I have just had one like that - little git had me work almost 6 days and for ÂŁ300 and then tells me that this is wrong and that is wrong . . . .

I get more than ÂŁ50 per day in ASDA pushing trolleys!

Big builder or companies stinging people on jobs for 20k and more is a big difference to us little guys - who cant pay the bills when customers don't pay up!

The TV makes them think they are in the right to withhold money - fortunately the small claims court takes a dim view of those who break contracts without good reason!!!

Always make sure you have the agreement in writing!

People are so concerned about getting ripped off by plumbers. But they get ripped off everyday by supermarkets. The government. Local councils. Road tax. Petrol stations. Insurance companies.

But it's plumbers that have the bad name!

I hate the world we live in!!

All my invoices/receipts get signed by myself and the customer. This is to say I'm happy that I've been paid and that the customer is happy with the work.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tape Record Your Builder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
Went to first job of the day to trace a leak in a concrete floor, advised them a new run would probably be best on the phone, so enquired as to the parking situation as lots of kit required to resolve problem. Got told no problem? So arrived on time to meet dust cart reversing up single lane...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
ok chaps. I know this gets asked a fair bit (how busy are you) but I would like to see an up to date set of statistics.! I was thinking of the following info? I have put mine in to hopefully start the ball rolling Hope other people join into this. If you dont want to put your hourly rate...
Replies
Views
petercj
P
Hi guys, been a while since I had a proper moan but been feeling a bit dejected with work at the moment. Not sure if i'm over reacting or being taken advantage of, possibly a bit of both. I'll be as honest as possible, i'm not writing this post to get sympathy but I'd like some constructive...
Replies
Views
B
Defect ID: Severity Attributable To I detected a gas escape when carrying out a gas tightness test of the NG meter and gas installation pipework up to and including 28 mm diameter with appliances connected for gas tightness in accordance with the Institution of Gas Engineers and Managers...
Replies
Views
V
*walk, walk, walk* Hmm. No cold callers. Am I a cold-caller? No, I'm not really 'calling.' Just posting a card. I mean people use the expression, 'I just called by on the off chance but you weren't in' which implies you can call without entering the house. But perhaps ringing or knocking...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock