Search the forum,

Discuss Sunvic Motorised Valv Actuator Replacement DM5601/SD2701 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neil Allen

Hi,

I had problem where my central heating was tripping the circuit breaker on my house. A heating engineer and electrician resolved by replacing the timer and actuator. The original actuator was a Sunvic DM5601 and had 5 wires. The replacement is a Sunvic SD2701 with only 4 wires. Since then we've had an issue where the heating doesn't switch off with thermostat. With my trusty multimeter I've proven that signal is reaching the actuator and it has power. The actuator was not turning. Today, working with the heating engineer, I discovered that the temperature switch was set to 130C! This most likely happened during fault finding of the original issue. Turned it back down to 60C and problem resolved! Actuator started turning! A few hours later and the timer kicked in and the heat came on. Actuator no longer turning :(

What I'd really like to know is whether the SD2701 is a suitable replacement for the DM5601? It does have 1 less wire. Could this be the cause of the issue I'm seeing?

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Looks like it's not suitable! Thanks so much for the response. I did have a look at their website but missed the questions.

Thanks again :)

i suspect the first one was motor open motor close and the new one is sprung return i should be possible to alter the wiring but probably easier to get the correct head

Thanks Steve. That's certainly what the Sunvic site seems to say. Agree that getting the correct head is probably the easiest fix. Thanks for replying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sunvic Motorised Valv Actuator Replacement DM5601/SD2701 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock