Discuss Summit Skills and Fast track courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris W

Summit Skills are the lead body who deal with plumbing qualifications.

They are interested in feedback on peoples experiences with "fast track" courses ie do they feel they got the training, qualifications and service they expected, was it a rip off, did you have to pay more to get an NVQ after your tech cert etc. Was it great? What was good/bad

Contact Rob Wellman at summit skills
[email protected]

Not for plumbing questions etc, soley for feedback on

Last edited by a moderator:
emial this bloke if you want info on plumb courses

I made the original post pretty much a year ago as Summit Skills were looking for feedback on the plethora of poor fastrack courses being offered.
Please dont contact Rob for "info on plumbing courses", try a careers centre, college or Summit Skills/ C&G sites, NOT Rob directly.

Should the sentence be rephrased to "Email this bloke if you want the truth on plumbing courses."

;)

like you say, its not for general enquiries, it for info on fast tract etc as you put it

Crikey- NO!

Rob was looking for feedback from people who had done "fast track" courses, please do not contact him for information about these courses if you are thinking of doing one!

thought they were there to help? are people only allowed to get support if they have had a bad experience? where is all this feedback then?

Sorry I dont get your point? Summit skills are the lead body for this skills sector. My original post was passing on a request from S.S for feedback which goes towards the 5 yearly revisions of the qualifications and how training is developing. Their role is to develop the quals based on industry requirements and the needs of trainees. Theyre not there to arbitrate if you have bad experience with a trainer but the feedback is valuable in the design of new quals to avoid people being ripped off and getting inadequate training.

my point is they shouldnt be just reactive. heir advice to trainees is invaluable and they are the ones who know the facts more than anyone. im not saying they are the body to complain too but when there is confusion they should be there for advice, dont see why you suggest they should be selective on who they will speak too?

I didnt suggest they should be selective who they speak to.
Im just saying that their purpose is to design quals and they wanted peoples feedback particularly on fast track courses. I was just trying to make that clear to anyone reading the thread after you posted that people should email Rob for info on courses. Thats not really Summit Skills' role and it certainly isnt Rob Wellmans.

If people want information on existing quals then they should talk to the awarding body for the trade they are looking to learn, mostly C+G for plumbing, although there are others.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Summit Skills and Fast track courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock