Discuss Stuart turner shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys , I've got a Stuart turner 3.5 bar pump, packed up this morning, makes a buzz like its stuck , stripped it down, was a bit stiff but it ok after moving it. Plugged it in just to test it, it made the same buzz, but when you turn the shaft the pump starts and keeps going, so motor is working. When I reconnected everything, still just buzzing, any ideas what can be causing it?
any help gratefully received.

I don't know much about repairing pumps, but sounds like the capacitor needs renewed. It is what starts the motor, to turn in the correct direction. Induction motors will just sit and hum if capacitor fails unless u turn the motor. Motors with brushes I think don't have them.

Last edited:
take a pic i have a few of the boards spare , if its 18893 ill post one monday

I took cover off this morning, capacitor is split at he end with something a bit like solder bursting ll up the ends. Take it that's knackered lol

I took cover off this morning, capacitor is split at he end with something a bit like solder bursting ll up the ends. Take it that's knackered lol
Hopefully that is your problem. Should be a cheap easy fix! As the pump motor started when you turned it every time, it sounded like only thing wrong could be capacitor - but i only ever repaired leaking pumps. Very common problem on all sorts of motors that use capacitors, like with oil burners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stuart turner shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock