Discuss Sparky needs a hand! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rockingit

Hi chaps, just popped over from the Sparky forum - got a problem and need some quick advice!

My own electric shower - cheap and cheerful Aqualisa 'Aquastyle' 10.5kW. Less than a year old and still under warranty.

Problem is that it's just decided to spring a persistent leak from the pressure relief valve on the outlet - but I can't see why as the hose and head are both totally free (can blow through them easily). But there doesn't seem to be anything 'in' the PRD - just the plastic forming on the outlet pipe - was there originally a washer/gromit/seal in there? If so it's popped out for some reason and being lost by the kids.

I'm off away overseas on a job for a couple of weeks from tomorrow and the missus is wanting me to fix it, TODAY. Of course.

If I just stuff something in there as a temp measure till I get back, how do we rate my chances?

its a safety device so i wouldnt risk it myself, its popped for a reason, it can be caused by a faulty element, kink in the hose, blocked head, i would leave it off till repaired

i would contact aqualisa for a repair under the warranty. i know they wont be there today but phone first thing in the morning, probably have to be your wife if you're off early.

Do not do it ,your families safety in more important than a working shower,it will be repaired under covere very fast through aqualisa

It is a safety devise and something has activated it,do not think it would be faulty by its self,could be hose was twisted,the fact that you do not know problem that caused it to blow,is even more reason not to block up

If you do block up could find you will be returning home a lot sooner than two weeks,so you can visit one of your loverd ones in hospital

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Obviously, don't mess with it, - have it repaired properly. You wouldn't advise anyone just to patch up an RDB, would you? :grin:
Those Aquastyles are just a Gainsborough shower really, so are poor IMO. Worth fixing though.

Cheers lads. After some interrogation, it seems the reason it popped out is most likely to do with the antics of the 12yr old son trying to stop the water coming out whilst switched on....... so as a stop gap I've made a little mastic plug to put in there that's big enough to trap the drips but will come out under some pressure, and I'll email Aqualisa support to get a replacement sorted.

I appreciate the 'don't do it/family' remarks - the same ones I give out all the time on the other forum!! In this instance, I think it'll be OK.

I only fitted the Aquastyle just because it was cheap as a temporary unit until I redo the ensuite properly, but I need to finish the extension first!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sparky needs a hand! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock