Currently reading:
Spare Parts- Heat Exchanger for Ideal Concord WRS Boiler

Discuss Spare Parts- Heat Exchanger for Ideal Concord WRS Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

idjbell

Hi all, anyone recommend a place to start a search for a part for a very old boiler?

Before everyone tells me to replace the boiler, we are doing, but had planned to do so in about 3 months when we have planning permission to rebuild half our house.

The boiler is an Ideal Concord WRS...looks like a 255a looking at images online, but nothing on the unit. The gas council number is 41 409 69, but i can't find a website that will convert that to show me the model number.

The boiler has worked fine for the month we've lived in the house, but started to leak yesterday. British Gas have been out (part of service plan) and said it is leaking from the heat exchange.

Anyone know where I might be able to source one?

The alternative is fitting a new boiler and then in 3 months, removing it to re-fit it in a different location.....so unless the heat exchanger is very expensive logic suggests getting the part and re-fitting is likely to be cheaper (but shout if I'm assuming this wrongly!).

Thanks!

Go get quite a lot of leak sealer and see if it works - or

bg will ALWAYS TELL THE BOILER IS U/s - I would buy the cheapest nastiest boiler from - 'somebody cheap' £500 bang it in and chuck it away as soon as stops working

Then buy what u really need - buy the best get it really well installed and life is good

Father Xmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spare Parts- Heat Exchanger for Ideal Concord WRS Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock