Currently reading:
Some Friendly Format - Leak

Discuss Some Friendly Format - Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Griffter

Hi Im after a bit of advice.
We have a Sime Friendly Format Combi Boiler which was installed before we bought the house.
The HW diverter valve and pump were changed by an engineer last year but recently we noticed water beneath it.

Ive had a look and the water is coming from the pipework inside the boiler. Ive traced the pipes inside to understand the circuit and the majority of pipes appear to be plastic!

The leak is only present when hot water is being drawn and it's coming from were the plastic pipes join together.
The majority of pipes appear to be press fit together so Im thinking there would be a rubber O-ring/Seal but on closer inspection each of the joints has some kind of grease/sealant and the water is getting past it in a couple of spots.

Overall the boiler is working fine except for the leaks and as we are looking to move house this year I really don't want to have to look at replacing it firstly because of the cost and secondly because it would probably need the gas pipe size changing which would be a major problem (incoming main being at the front of the house and the boiler at the back!)
I'd therefore rather get it repaired or the relevant parts replaced assuming they could be.

Has anyone come across this before?
Should the pipes be sealed with a grease type substance and if so what is it?
If not how can I find out if the pipes can be replaced?

Finally if this is something that can be fixed is there anyone in the North West who can do it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Some Friendly Format - Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back