Discuss So fed up with ignorant customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Had a voicemail Xmas day. Fitted a boiler a boiler a month ago. Customer says that the radiators don't seen to be turning off.
she has trv's on all the rads and an off switch on the boiler! Does she really need to phone me Xmas day for that! It's probably a user error anyway. Fuming when I heared that.

next call Boxing Day, a leak on a magna clean we removed 3 months ago when doing a power flush. Cust says he has put a bowel under it and its a small weep but thinks I should come out Boxing Day anyway!

do people think that just because you are a plumber you don't have your own life and family and that they are more important all year round.

sick to death of customers that have no consideration for other people.

Some people are paranoid with water, Im forever having the office ring me in a panic "The customers on the phone, X was there yesterday and now there is a bad leak, your the nearest guy today go back".
9/10 it is a tiny dribble from a connection :censored:

Once got an irate call out from a doctor at 2.am demanding I come out and fix his blocked toilet. When I initially refused he got very irate and said that if it was the other way round and I was in need then he would come out at that time to me.
I was there within 10 minutes.

I threw 2 aspirins into the bowl then told him that if it was no better in the morning then he could call me back.

I'll get me coat.

Once got an irate call out from a doctor at 2.am demanding I come out and fix his blocked toilet. When I initially refused he got very irate and said that if it was the other way round and I was in need then he would come out at that time to me.
I was there within 10 minutes.

You turned down work at 2am? I'd have been there within 10 minutes just to pick up my £25 call out fee and £30 for the first hour. Gone home with my £55 and been content.

You turned down work at 2am? I'd have been there within 10 minutes just to pick up my £25 call out fee and £30 for the first hour. Gone home with my £55 and been content.

i hope thats sarcasm!
Or you need to put your prices up....

Earnings are lower than in Manchester in the south west ! and I wouldn't even answer the phone at that time for £55. let alone go out!! if you are charging that at night-time what are you charging in normal working Hrs say between 9am & 5pm ? at those prices you must be paying the customers.

Why how much would you charge? Remembering I live in Manchester where everyone is poor.

Whereabouts in manchester? Some high income areas....these are where you should advertise. Not for example in Levenshulme.

I cover low income areas and charge much more than that.

Whereabouts in manchester? Some high income areas....these are where you should advertise. Not for example in Levenshulme.

I cover low income areas and charge much more than that.

Anywhere that there is money, I know that probably is a bad attitude but where there is money I want to be there.

Does not matter what areas you work in you have to cover your costs and make a living ! Have you ever sat down and worked out what it costs per hr just to cover your outgoings, £25 call out at 2am you must be on drugs, wake up and smell the coffee, or you won't be in business very long.

Anywhere that there is money, I know that probably is a bad attitude but where there is money I want to be there.

Well if you are offering your services in the higher income areas of manchester then your prices need adjusting upwards.
That 55 for an hours work at 2am should be what you charge in working hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So fed up with ignorant customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back