Discuss Smoke match holders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CMairiD

So what do you use for a smoke match holder?

I've tried the Regin one ... too big, the match flops around in it or disappears down the hole. There was another one I tried that had the cup on the end for smoke pellets, but that one leaves the match external to the tube.

In school, we were told that using the wrong size holder could lead to spillage. I believe he demonstrated this with 8mm copper versus 10mm copper. It's been a while ago, so I couldn't swear to those measurements.

The only decent smoke match holder I've ever seen has been the one came with a Baxi fire-front or BBU (had a Baxi label on it). It held the smoke match nicely and just the tip of the match protruded from the end.

I've tried going through Baxi parts on Parts Arena, but not having much luck finding that holder. Anyone know where I could lay my hands on one?

15mm copper pipe squashed with pliers leaving a nice hole for the match. Works for me.....

get a bit of 8mm or 10mm copper, insert the right size of nail or bit of wire in the end and hammer each side flat remove the nail and the smoke match fits perfectly, cannot imagine paying £5-6 for one

Time to raid some offcuts and do a bit of fabricating. Thanks guys!

How about one of these??

images-22.jpg

If it's good enough for Audrey,it should be good enough for a Gas Safe engineer:p

And a female one at that! :cool:

Wonder if I could get away with the gloves and tiara too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smoke match holders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back