Search the forum,

Discuss Smart Heating Thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

When I had my old wireless (non Smart) Honeywell stat, it would peg the temperature exactly as set. It learnt when to turn the heating on and off by judging the lag.

I installed a Hive smart stat. It works OK, but is dumb in this respect. Set it at 20C, and it puts the heating on when the temp drops below 20C, so of course the temperature continues to drop while the rads heat up. Then, when it reaches 20C, it turns off, but the temperature continues to rise until the rads cool. The differential is a good 1.5C. I am constantly having to fiddle with it. There is no setting to make it more intelligent.

Are there any internet connected systems (e.g, Nest) that don't suffer from this please?

Thanks.

Reply to Smart Heating Thermostat in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock