Search the forum,

Discuss silicon sealant storage in van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumber89

hi,
just got a new van im racking out, and i want some ideas for silicon tube storage/ racking in my van,
was thinking of putting one of these on each back door
Caulk & Silicon tube holder 320mm wide van racking shelving accessory | eBay

but i have alot of silicon/ gripfil/ caulk etc, so was wondering if anyone had any other ingenious ideas,
thought of useing some pipe clips and sort of re creating the above link, but cant seem to find ones the right diamater

think it would be useful on the back doors though ,as at the end of the job when everyhting has been chucked in the van , i always find i need to take everything back out to get to the silicon haha.

cheers

If you have that many tubes. I would put them in a box

i have a bag with all my chemicals in that i bring in on a night along with my fga

ive seen glaziers with them stacked in a rack so as you take one out the next drops down magazine style

2''pvc pipe 4' long with a stop at the bottom. make it an inch shorter and they wont fall out.
you can add as many as you need on small spaces up to the roof.

sprl.jpg

Large enough?

silicone rack.JPG

I have this bracket I made, screwed above the wheel arch and holds 9 tubes. its perfect when its full but not when its not full

i keep my silicone in a curver box it doesnt take long to sort throught to find the one you want. simples :)

Nothing to do with silicone but a good storage idea, I have some bicycle water bottle carriers on the back door of the van as they are ideal for gas torch bottles. ÂŁ2ea from tesco.

I have storage compartments built in my van for silicone, caulk, pink grip, expanding foam etc. Just bare in mind to keep them semi insulated & away from the side Walls as the frost hits them. It knackers them all & can be rather pricy to replace the lot or worse still, trying to finish up a job in the middle of nowhere & realise you cant even use one tube! I had that problem a few years back when weather got really bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - Couple a' Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to silicon sealant storage in van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We had the bathrooms replaced when we moved in 2 years ago. This involved 2x bathrooms and 1x WC. Within the first few weeks, we noticed leaking from the en-suite down into the reception room and the fitter promptly came and repaired it, it was something to do with the area under the sink. We...
Replies
Views
So it is time for me to scrap my vivaro which has just be written off my the insurance company after someone crashed into the van while parked. Lucky as I was just going to dump it this yr any way. Will be sad as have had it for 12yrs. Any way, need to get a new one which complies with euro 6...
Replies
Views
Hi Firstly apologies for this not being directly a plumbing question, but I'm in a bit of a bind and I was hoping to find some help. It's more of a hobby/home project. I have numerous lengths of 65mm square Floplast uPVC downpipe, and I am wanting to do a series of butt joints to create...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming through the bedroom wall from the bathroom on the other side of the wall. The shower is over the bath and the bathroom walls are tiled around three sides of...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got new van, Slowly getting it how I want inside. Acquired some of these old british gas racking units (bristor) blue and grey and had these really handy tilt bins knocking around. They are perfect size to mount on one back door so I want another but cannot find them for love or money...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock