Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Mixer and Non-return Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rob99

I've just had fitted a shower mixer which incorporates a Non-Return valve (NRV). Unfortunately, the recommended pressure reducing valve was not fitted. My DHW is an unvented system so the shower mixer has about 5 bar on the HW side and 6.5 bar on the CW. That is outside the manufacturers stated operating pressure.

My question is; when the pressure reducing valve is fitted will the NRV then operate correctly or will it have been damaged by the high pressure and need replacing?

Thanks for any help.

Your hot water should be restricted to 3 bar! All balanced cold supplies should have also being taken from this.

Something wrong here .... Please tell me your unvented has a pressure reducing valve fitted, you shouldnt be getting 5 bar on hot

About..... He's probably measured static with a bike pump!

Rob is prv fitted before the cylinder (where it should be)

Yes; Pressure Reducing Valve reducing the pressure of cold water supply to hot water tank.
Also, a pressure relief valve on the HW tank to ensure it is not over-pressured.

My belief is that at the shower mixer the CW is overcoming the NRV and causing the over-pressure on the HW side which in turn causes the Pressure Relief Valve to operate as it should. My theory is that because pressure reducing valve was not fitted to the supply to the mixer it is outside the manufacturer's stated parameters and there not acting effectively as a non-return.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower Mixer and Non-return Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock