Discuss Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a new one through today. Had an e-mail purporting to be from HMRC telling me that I had a £825 tax rebate due to me and should log on to give my details so that I could receive payment direct into my bank account. A check on the site adress revealed it had nothing to do with HMRC and was probably harvesting bank account details.

I use a handy little tool (think it's called 'Link Alert') which you can download in 2 seconds from Firefox Add-ons, it displays the url address of a link so you can see where it's taking you before you actually click it.

Link_thing.jpg

Edit: Oops, just realised I added the arrow pointing to the wrong link. You get the idea though.

Update: It's called URL Tooltip

Last edited:
I use a handy little tool (think it's called 'Link Alert') which you can download in 2 seconds from Firefox Add-ons, it displays the url address of a link so you can see where it's taking you before you actually click it.

View attachment 10026

Edit: Oops, just realised I added the arrow pointing to the wrong link. You get the idea though.

Update: It's called URL Tooltip

I've just installed that - nice one NPK!

Just had the old forresters fund for children call me again ! They sell you an advetisement in a mass produced magazine and it never gets published !

They called me on 07785 469076

Scam Alert

If like me you use free business listing's on the internet yelp, yalwa etc etc. You will know from time to time you will get calls to update your info with them.
Over the past couple of weeks have had calls from unknown listers saying they wish to update info to carry on listing and when asked is it free they say no you paid last year. When challenged they put the phone down. Beware this is a scam.

Re: Scam Alert

Did you report them to the relevant authorities? Just that a lot of people notice scams like this and don't do anything about it which allows them to carry on.

Re: Scam Alert

Did you report them to the relevant authorities? Just that a lot of people notice scams like this and don't do anything about it which allows them to carry on.
To be honest wouldn't know who the relevant authority would be. Just thought I'd tip the wink to the guys on here.

I've just been scammed by a company called service magic. They took £160 out of my bank for a weeks membership leads provided we're fake as no one replied or time wasters am trying to work out how I can get my money back not happy

there are a lot of scams to be wary of.but there is a simple tip to avoid being taken in by these scammers. get yourself a copy of my 'safe from scams pdf.' for only £19.99 :wink5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scam's & fraudsters warning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back