Search the forum,

Discuss salus rt500rf wont fire up the boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cboyer

im wondering if anyone can help me? just had a sparky wire this up for me and im sure its wired up correct,
i turn the thermostat up to 24 just to test and a little flame shows on the l.e.d the wireless reciever then clicks and a green light comes on but the boiler (baxi) doesnt fire up? any ideas would be hugely appreciated cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
any ideas to what it can be? is it a simple swap round or anything?

Could be a faulty receiver unit, but more than likely wrongly wired either on the unit or into the boiler
When you get the spark back, make sure he alters the dip switches from the default setting
Or get a heating guy to do it all properly:grin:

its a baxi boiler,he said that is the only way it could go, he tried switching the wires around and it didnt come on at all, i am looking at these dip switches now what are they supposed to be like please?

Might be a long shot but I had one of these go haywire with an install and it turned out to be someone across the street with the same receiver. Pretty sure it gives some info in the manual and it can be sorted using the switches on the back as has been suggested above!

turn up the thermostat on the boiler up and make sure its on hot water and heating!

It was a loose wiring connection between the common (C) and the normally open (NO) in the box mounted near the boilerboiler all working now cheers

Glad to hear it's all working, click the button at the top to remember your details so if you post again we know it's you and not a random person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to salus rt500rf wont fire up the boiler? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock