Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Rural Water Supplies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dunoon

I've spent quite a bit of time in the UK thru the years, mostly visiting small town to large cities. But this thought just came to me lately, where do folks that live way out in the country get their potable water? It seems like nearly everywhere I've been there is some sort of municipal water source. Do people use driven or dug wells, cisterns, springs which are piped into their houses. Just courious.
Also what do they do with sewage. Do they use a septic tank and leech field or have a holding tank that is pumped out. Thanks,

Rich Davis
Lexington, Virginia, USA

All of the above.

Most common is pumped from a bore hole or well but some friends of mine lived in a remote cottage in the Lake District and their water came straight from one of the becks.

Sewage used to be septic tank or cess pit if near a water course. Any new rural developments are likely to use individual treatment plants now.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rural Water Supplies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock