Discuss Running Water Supply Pipework To Garage Underground in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

Just been round to look at a job a neighbour on our estate wants done. Basically, bring supply pipework out of the house (insulated of course) down the wall, under the ground, along a 5m or so run, back up the outside of the garage wall and into the garage for a tap on the inside wall of the garage.

Rather unusual, but as it's a new house he doesn't want ceilings etc ripped up to run the pipe inside which I can understand.

Other than the requirement to be able to isolate it and for the pipework above ground to be insulated are there any other pointers from someone who has done this before?

I know that all joints have to be Type A (non-manipulative) and that we should be running the pipes below ground at 30" depth.

Run it in plastic.

Using copper gives too many opportunity for leaks and damage. Plastic will be continuos from end to and and should outlive copper underground

Make sure your insulation is waterproof, if possible I would try and put a heated tracer wire on it because people do normally forget to turn it off over winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Running Water Supply Pipework To Garage Underground in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock