Discuss Rogue customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subby

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, my first post in the Arms! Glad to see the old plumbing tips thread was hiding here and not deleted as I feared!!
Anyways, I have encountered my first rogue customer

I did a job at fortnight ago for an agreed price, customer was happy he quote and very happy with the work done. I invoiced at the end of the job, the materials cost me more than I quoted so I reduced my labour charge so the invoice total was the same as the quote we agreed upon.

The customer is not paying or answering my calls. I am owed £600 I paid for materials and 340 labour. I a asking a solicitor in know to send a letter but am worried that they will leave a bad review on my main site is get work from .
. I did a very neat job (their words) at a very reasonable cost as agreed. I do not deserve any negative feedback I am concerned I will receive.

Have any of you.had a similar experience and what did you do / how did it pan out?

Send big Dave in to collect.

more importantly welcome to the arms! What you drinking?

Ah! The downside of FB, Twitter or whatever site it was.

Hi all, my first post in the Arms! Glad to see the old plumbing tips thread was hiding here and not deleted as I feared!!
Anyways, I have encountered my first rogue customer

I did a job at fortnight ago for an agreed price, customer was happy he quote and very happy with the work done. I invoiced at the end of the job, the materials cost me more than I quoted so I reduced my labour charge so the invoice total was the same as the quote we agreed upon.
The customer is not paying or answering my calls. I am owed £600 I paid for materials and 340 labour. I a asking a solicitor in know to send a letter but am worried that they will leave a bad review on my main site is get work from .
. I did a very neat job (their words) at a very reasonable cost as agreed. I do not deserve any negative feedback I am concerned I will receive.

Have any of you.had a similar experience and what did you do / how did it pan out?
Hi Subby
small claims court. I recently did it and got most of my money. It is a pain though!

big Davey all the way youll soon get yer dough..brum

your first of many, don't let them get away with it you should have charged for the extra materials and itemised it in your invoice your not running a charity so why should you give them some of your profit, straight to small claims don't worry about negative feedback

Welcome to the arms subby. Like the guys have said unfortunately we occasionally come accross bad eggs like this. Don't let the idiot away with it and maybe in the future as your starting up get material cost up front then labour when finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rogue customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock