Discuss Reports of fumes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave1

I rang gas safe today to find out where I stand, if someone reports possible co poisoning to you now I thought you had to have a new qualification to check it out.
I rang gas safe and the guy said yes you do if your doing an investigation but obviously your ccn1 and appliances make you competent to check appliances are safe and therefor not causing co....

Now I'm slightly confused, when do you need this new qual? And has anyone any literature on this? Ie: tech bulletin?

issue being is it safe to go in in the first place. cpa1 doesnt qualify you to carry out environmental assessment with fga, but reading your manual will tell you how to!!!!!!!!! ie probe in room 1m off floor carrying out sampling over set period with sequential readouts printed off having calibrated fga in clear air first. you have to be happy to go in and find issue in first place. catch 22 that gsr bods havent really sorted out except to say we can be called out to problem!! However, if they are all laid out on floor and notr moving theres a problem beyond our expertise, best advice open all the doors and call someone in a uniform

BS7967 part1 Is the guidance for dealing with this event. So that does not help unless you know what this document requires. If the customer has reported feeling unwell because of the report of fumes, then this should be reported to the HSE and the system shut down; awaiting a full investigation by the experts.

The gas supplier has a duty to investigate any report of fumes where there has been a report of ill health resulting from the report of fumes, relating to their supply.

issue being is it safe to go in in the first place. cpa1 doesnt qualify you to carry out environmental assessment with fga, but reading your manual will tell you how to!!!!!!!!! ie probe in room 1m off floor carrying out sampling over set period with sequential readouts printed off having calibrated fga in clear air first. you have to be happy to go in and find issue in first place. catch 22 that gsr bods havent really sorted out except to say we can be called out to problem!! However, if they are all laid out on floor and notr moving theres a problem beyond our expertise, best advice open all the doors and call someone in a uniform

im sure its 2m off the floor as co is lighter than air.

The gas supplier has a duty to investigate any report of fumes where there has been a report of ill health resulting from the report of fumes, relating to their supply.

the gas transporter has to attend and make safe. They normally will make safe and issue a Concern for safety label/ticket. They will not ivestigate other than what is needed to make the installation safe.

the home owner would have to contact a qualified person to investigate from my understanding.

if a death or near death has happend then the hse may be involved as it will become a police investigation scene and careful and proper records will be needed.

Last edited:
Set your fga for an ambient room test, have it ready, hold your breath, run in, set it up and run out, then run in and get it, holding your breath of course, after the test period of 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Reports of fumes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock