Search the forum,

Discuss Replaced CH programmer, but heating doesn't work in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have got a 25 year old Potterton Profile boiler, quite basic and very reliable, on a fully pumped system. It has worked happily with a Glow-worm Mastermind RWB2 programmer, but just recently the programmer occasionally misses a switch-off. So I thought I’d replace the programmer and bought a Siemens RWB29Si programmer. It’s meant to be a direct replacement, re-using the existing base plate, with no wiring connection changes necessary. However, when I fitted it, it did not work. The backlit panel illuminates, the digital clock works, but I can only get the CH & HW to work by pressing the +hrs buttons. It will not come on automatically when it’s programmed to, nor will it come on when pressing the advance button. So I’ve had to refit the old RWB2 and it’s working fine. (I am a retired electrician, and the wiring is okay and not been changed since the boiler was installed, so I don’t think it’s that.) Either the new programmer is faulty, or there is something simple I’m missing in the set up. Any ideas?

The old wiring matched up with the new wiring set up eg on the back of the old clocks ?

Have you set the DIP switches on the back of the new programmer, particularly switch 5?
Yes, I've set the DIP switches correctly (they were already correct). I'll give it another go tomorrow, in case there's a 'set' or 'start' button I've missed! It's permanently off as far as I can see.

Reply to Replaced CH programmer, but heating doesn't work in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock