Search the forum,

Discuss Replace ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I would like to replace my ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT

I have three wires in the old thermostat. Please see the first three photos.

1 Red
3 Yellow
2 Blue

are these

1 Live
3 Live return (Switched)
2 Neutral

Could I configure it as in the combi boiler option with a separate power supply and connect Red to A and Yellow to B as the Red wire is not always live and Blue terminated/Isolated (Not used)

or

Option 1 and leave the controller, which is a Seimens RWB29 heating on constant and control it from the T3R

Red to L and L linked to A
Yellow to B
Blue terminated/Isolated (Not used)

Many thanks for your time

Attachments

• Old Thermostat Diagram.PNG
    Old Thermostat Diagram.PNG
    940.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221213_215143.jpg
    20221213_215143.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221213_215231.jpg
    20221213_215231.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 4
  • New Thermostat.PNG
    New Thermostat.PNG
    88.7 KB · Views: 5
You'd find the thermostat wires (prob in airing cbd) and terminate/link out red and yellow.
Either fit relay inplace of existing timer or terminate those wires in airing cbd and fit relay there.
Patch old holes in walls and fit new thermostat in livingroom

Reply to Replace ancient Honeywell mechanical thermostat with a Honeywell T3R in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock