Discuss Removing water meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
I presume you're allowed to remove it just to muck around with pipework either side i.e. putting a new stopcock above an old one etc and then put it back? Not doing anything to it or changing it's position or attempting to pipe it in a way that allow bypassing. I mean when it's inside a customer's home, like in cupboard etc..

Well I've done it a few times, but twice (once years ago and once the other day) on putting it back the pressure dropped to near zero. One removed, pressure fine. I don't want to muck around with the meter because I presume I'm not allowed. Guess it's a blocked filter inside?

What would/do you do in that circumstance?

ive never had any problems moving one i assume it an indoor one rather than in the ground or is this another optioin for lowering your outgoings?

unofficially i usually take them out, play around with it, all sorts, took one out for about 4 months whilst it was being done up!!! if you shake them the numbers can move!!!

Officially though you need water regs and to be registered with water board to touch them!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Removing water meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back