Discuss remove and install new bathroom. how many days? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

hi all i have a job where the customer wants his bath taken out and replaced with a shower. job involves

take out old suite.
tray will need to be raised on concrete floor to allow for waste from bath. 1000 x 700 offset or rectangle tray
tile the enclosure then fit shower enclosure.
fit electric shower.
tile floor.
fit new basin.
fit new toilet.
he also wants a basin fitted in shed close to back of house. there is decking all the way to shed he only wants a cold feed and then waste run back under decking.

i usually fit a standard bathroom suite with bath basin and sink in couple of days. this is a lot more work and not sure how many days it will take.
what sort of time scale would you guys expect for completion thanks.

Only you have seen the job, and only you know how fast you work. Don't forget that you will need a spark to sort electrics unless you are part p.

as manshestergas said only you know will know how long it will take.

couple of things youll need to look at:
basin in shed how hard is the pipe run going to be and what pipe you going to use lagging ect ie have you got to take up some decking or can you get underneath it skinny bean style.
how are you going to run the waste pipe

bathroom job
is it you doing the tiling and sparks? if not youll have to sort out trades
is it a easy straight forward swop over. pluss the new shower install

Last edited by a moderator:
i will be tiling yeah. may fit a thermostatic shower will look better and will eliminate cost of electrician.
the shed sink is gonna be ok i think only a short run under decking for waste. i will come off outside tap for the cold feed.

there you got then how long will it take you and there's your answer

For that you have got to be looking at at least a weeks work. Thats what I would allow for anyway.

I'd be tempted to allow a week and a half, but then I like a bit of contingency!

Quote>he also wants a basin fitted in shed close to back of house. there is decking all the way to shed he only wants a cold feed and then waste run back under decking.<Quote. Would you consider this job?

do it properly use mdpe pipe as said before winter pipe freezing

hi all i have a job where the customer wants his bath taken out and replaced with a shower. job involves

take out old suite.
tray will need to be raised on concrete floor to allow for waste from bath. 1000 x 700 offset or rectangle tray
tile the enclosure then fit shower enclosure.
fit electric shower.
tile floor.
fit new basin.
fit new toilet.
he also wants a basin fitted in shed close to back of house. there is decking all the way to shed he only wants a cold feed and then waste run back under decking.

i usually fit a standard bathroom suite with bath basin and sink in couple of days. this is a lot more work and not sure how many days it will take.
what sort of time scale would you guys expect for completion thanks.

Remove existing and tidy up, write shopping list for materials needed, go shopping - 1
Shower floor area/platform/drainage and pipework for shower - 1
Tile floor - 1 (does he/she/they want underfloor heating as tiles are cold?)
Tile shower area - 2
Grouting - 1
Fit new shower, basin and wc - 1 (assuming first fix pipework and electricity all in place)

That's 7 working days. +1 for if things go wrong and/or shed's basin
Does he/she/they want ceiling painted and other things eg window frame, door frame, walls???

(I fit isolating valves on all the different pipes asap so house water can be turned back on quickly.)

its all inside its like a conservatory with decking then the shed is on back of conservatory used for business. no need for trench, lagging will be fine. i just wanted a rough time for work i have explained. thanks for the advice all.

We allow 2 weeks for most of our bathroom complete refurb jobs. 10 days, don't usually work at weekend.

What's wrong with basin in shed?
You know a plumber lives in my house we have 6 outside taps! A basin in the garden and hot water in the garden!!!!! Yes excessive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to remove and install new bathroom. how many days? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock